Thursday, November 4, 2010

Well the hillbilly has come and gone. This year was the nuts! Snow and mud puddles every where. I'll admit I was not fully prepared for those conditions. Didn't bring warm enough clothing and paid for it. It was the coldest race I've ever done. I could feel every muscle just slowing down as I got colder. Well actually I couldn't feel much at all! The race is kind of a blur know but I managed to tough it out for second. So no jacket this year but half way through the race I honestly didn't care anymore. All I could think about was getting across the finish line and getting dry and warm. And that brings me to the post race de-thawing process. I've experienced the burning sensation before but this was by far the worst I've had it. It felt like my hands and feet were it a fire for a solid 10mins. I looked pretty pathetic but at the time I really didn't care. I'm pretty sure that Peter was filming it so if you have that vid Peter send it my way please. Pretty sure it would be quite comical to see now. After getting cleaned up, going to the podium and have Andrew taunt me with the coveted Hillbilly jacket I went home and crashed.

The next few days were rough as I was really tired still from the race. Kept things pretty chill doing a bit of riding and took care of some school stuff that had been neglected for a while. Feeling much better now. Got my bike almost all sorted out for this weekend. It was pretty wrecked from the race. Looking forward to the battle between us u23's. It should be some good racing. Looks like rain the next few days so I might be throwing on the new mud wheels complete with Rynos! Hoping for mud to make things more interesting. See you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment