Saturday, May 1, 2010

So I haven't put up any post so far this week due to a busy schedule. On top of every thing I had to do this week I have also had to start counting my calorie intake by request of my parents. They have been pretty worried for a while now about me not eating enough. And I never liked the idea of counting cals but they got me to do it for a few days now. The result is I have not been eating nearly enough cals to support the amount of exercise I do. That would explain why I'm lighter now then I was when I was 15. So I'm putting in an effort to gradually work on eating more as I were to just start trying to make up for all the cals I've missed at once I would gain weight like crazy I think.

Today I had a great ride. Started the day off with a good breakfast. Really hard to get my head around how much food I should be eating for a 4hr ride. Got out at 11:00am and about 30min in it started pouring with some lightning in there as well. Just threw on my arm warmers and kept going. got to ravenshoe trails and they were soaked. Awesome! I love wet mtb rides like that. It's great for working on skills. Ripped around in there for 2hrs then headed home into a good head wind. Took longer to get home then I wanted but that's ok. I was feeling really good. Usually at the 3.5hr mark I start to feel weaker and go out of my zone more. But I felt just as good as the start of the ride. Guess food is important! Who knew?

Anyway, that was the best day of training I've had so far this year. Looking forward to more like it. Ok not the rain part but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment