Saturday, October 16, 2010

T.O day 1

Here's a short take on how today went. Finally got on the front row. Had a good start and sat in with the fast guys for about a minute. Didn't ride as aggressively as I should have and got past by a few guys who were slower through the hills and corners and lost the lead group. Once we hit the straits I past the guys in front of me and desperately tried to Chase down the group ahead. It was hard because there was a good head wind and I was the only one in who seemed interested in chasing. So I pretty lead into the head wind for the whole race and picked off guys that were falling off the lead group and kept riding past them. I probably could have let someone else take the lead and recover a bit but I won't lie I wanted to catch Evan Mcneely who had a great start and was sitting in with leaders (sans Fretini). So I kept drilling it for the whole race. Got caught by Andrew and pulled him around for a bit. Then he picked it up again and I was to blown to stick with him. The last lap I blew a corner in a fast section and was gaped by Mark Lalond who had stuck on my wheel for most of the race. Once I got up and back on my bike he had a good gap. I was able to close the gap a bit but didn't have enough time to seal the deal.

Ended up 7th 2mins down on Fretini. Looking forward to tomorrow. It's goin down! Looking at you Evan.

1 comment: