Thursday, January 28, 2010

4 juniors, 1 u23, no internet

So my reason for not updating for the last few days is the internet stopped working for a day. This was a problem because aside from rideing there isn't a whole lot to do in Tabor. But now it's back and I've some stuff to report.

So in the last few days I've got in a bunch of laps on the course. Super gnarly! I am comparing it to to the Tremblant race because it starts out with a bunch of uphill with stairs and a set of very slow and awkward barriers. Then the second half is all very fast and sketchy downhill with many turns. Lots of hidden ice spots and frozen rutts. Glad I did all that snow rideing back home.

I followed a few pro guys including a very frusterated J-pow. He was not having a good day. I can quote him saying " I've been on the ground more today then I've been all year". Home he can get it together. Also rode behind Stybar for a bit but his lines were too fast for me to hang on to so I let him go. As I rode the course more I got much faster on it. Some of the Euro guys were really struggling so that made me feel pretty good!

Ok so besides riding we don't have much to do but walk around old Tabor and surf the internet. I have a few good pics but can't find the wire to upload them right now. I'll get them up when I can.

One more thing I can metion is that the food here hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. It's been hard to resist the pastries but I haven't cracked yet. I'll wait till after the race, then I'm going for it.

Ok that's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. I watched a really good simulation of the race course from a link on the UCI site. I can really visualize what you are describing about the course. Did J-Pow recognize you from the other races or was he too focused on staying upright?
    I hope you allow yourself to truly enjoy that pastry when you finally have it. NO GUILT!! One (or two) won't hurt you in any way.
    Keep having fun. Everyone here keeps asking how things are going for you, so we've been giving them a link to this blog. You're doing a great job with it so far.
    Please find the wire soon, I'd love to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The UCI simulation is really cool. That one set of steps looks ridiculous.

    Knock 'em dead out there!

    ReplyDelete