Friday, January 29, 2010

"I gatta feeling"

So tomorrow is the big day and I've gotta say that I'm pretty excited. I'm loveing the course and the legs feel great. And probably the most important thing is that I'm mentaly ready to hurt myself. That is something that has been a problem in the past. I don't always have that willingness to suffer before a race and I settle in to a more conservative pace.

Todays "rideing partners" included the likes of Erwin Vervekin, Bart Wellens and the king himself Sven Nys. It was pretty insane to see how effortless he made some of the corners look. Defenitly learned how to take some lines from those guys.

The course has changed a tone in the last 24hrs. It's still sketchy but some corners have turned to mud. The race organizers put down a bunch of sand in the really icy spots. To be honest though I kinda wish it was still a little more icy. I felt that I had a bit of an edge on some of the warmer climate Euros and I was riding the course consistantly clean. Don't get me wrong it's still gnarly and guys will still be crashing a lot.

Ok so non bike related topics. Me and Kiernan "Danger" Orange went to the local pastrie shop and picked up the best looking pastries they had for after the race. I'm pretty excided about that. We have found ways to keep oursleves entertained here and now have a number of running jokes that would make no sense if I postes them here.

Ok it's now 9:40 some I'm going to bed. Good night. Next post will be a race right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment