Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Close call

Past few days have been pretty scary. Sunday I went to ride the new course at Woodnewton. Got in a few hrs and had the course figured out pretty good. During the ride I was having mixed sensations. One minute I would be feeling good and the next I would be red lined and wanting to go home. Held in till the end of the ride and went home. That's when things went bad. I was getting the chills and a wicked headache. Instead of trying to pretend that I wasn't sick and hoping that it would just go away which has proven unsuccessful in the past I went to bed and slept as much as possible. The next morning I was feeling a bit better. But I had to get up and go to work. That was rough and by the end of the day I was useless. Got home and repeated what I did the night before. Next day felt better again but didn't have to go to work. So I Spent the whole day doing nothing but napping eating relaxing. And guess what. It worked! Got up today and felt normal and well rested. Had a great ride and feel back to my normal self. I haven't felt normal since Kelso so I'm thinking I just needed to take a day and really rest up.

Now as for the course at Woodnewton. Well It's a classic style MTB course complete with a long start stretch threw a field, fast sandy single track and lots of steep punchy climbs. Verdict = like it. I think after riding it again this Saturday with good health will help me to love it. The second part of the course is definitely more exciting than the first with some awesome full speed burmed downhills and less blow yourself up climbing.

Look forward to the race and seeing everyone. Hope all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment