Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lets Catch Things Up

It seems that once again I have been late on posting a race report. But I have an excuse this time. After the race I talked to the guys organizing the worlds project and found out that it was going to cost 1000 bucks! Now I know that everyone going has to pay that much but I just found out and didn't have enough money to cover that. But it seems that I will still be going thanks to some help from various people. Good to have friends that are willing to support you.

So the race on the weekend went well. After a rough start the leaders were well out of sight. But I didn't panic and got into my groove. Picked people of for the first lap and by the end was with Tyson and Zach was just behind.

Second lap Just kept it steady and gradually rode away from those 2. I made it up to Peter and Morka and was pretty happy to be with them. But then they picked up the pace. So instead of killing myself and trying to stay with them I just kept that steady pace.

After that there's not much to report. Spent the rest of the race alone trying to hold of any late race attacks. Finished 6th overall and 1st U-23.

So that raps up the O-cup season. It was an awesome year of racing and Chico did a great job as usually. Those guys deserve every ones gratitude. So if you haven't already then next time you see them be sure to thank them for all the hard work they do. The Ontario scene wouldn't be the same without chico.

Prep for worlds is going well. Past few days have been blow yourself up workouts. It's good because I have a feeling that world is going to be all about how much you can suffer without blowing up so it's good to know were that red line is.

Getting pumped for the race! Not just mine but the seeing the Elite race as well. For those who don't already know CBC will be covering the race. So if you aren't able to be there you can see the action there.

All for know

2 comments:

  1. Stop starting your blogs with appologies for being late or distant in posting !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I've become one of those guys. Noted.

    ReplyDelete