Saturday, February 6, 2010

Celery and Penut Butter



Possibly the most delicious snack there is. That being said I don't have a whole lot to post today so I've decided to dedicate this post to food! After worlds was over I didn't exactly eat the ideal foods so now I'm trying to get back to a proper diet.

Yesterday I took a trip to the grocery store with my mom. This is one of my favorite things to do. I love finding new foods and dreaming up meals with them. Some of the new things I've got for this week are leeks, baby bok choi, Belgian Endive and spaghetti squash witch I've had before but never made myself. I'm going to try for 2 weeks the paleo diet which Peter Glassford told me about. Basically this diet consists of eating only food that we would have had access to thousands of years ago. So no processed or man made foods. Just fruits, veggies, lean meats, nuts and seeds and grains. Now I will cheat a bit when training begins again on Tuesday because quick carbs are important for workouts. If I feel really good after the 2 weeks I might have to make it a permanent thing. I've done this with other diets before and so far my favorite one is the raw food diet. The only problem with that one is when you have a week with lots of hours on the bike it's really hard to get enough calories to fuel properly. The paleo seems to be more appropriate for an athlete.

If anyone has some interesting ideas on diet than I'd love to hear about them.










I also have some pics from the trip so here they are.

1 comment:

  1. "grains"

    Um... JRad... I regret to inform you but grains are not part of the Paleo diet? I know i was devastated to. After a couple years off and on the diet i leaned its better to cheat sometimes, i chose cheese bread. I have a great book "paleo diet for athletes" i will drop it off for you next time im in you area.

    ReplyDelete