Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good Feeling

I just finished my first real ride since worlds and I've got to say it felt awsome. During my week of I kept active enough that my legs don't feel like jello. I feel well rested and really excided about geting back into training.

Today's ride was 1hr 15min of coordination. this included 30min warm up, then 5 sets of 1 leg spinning followed by 15 min of alternating 5 push-ups and 5 sit-ups which sounds easy but starts to get pretty tough towards the end. After that I got back on the bike and spun it out for 15 min. A good workout to get the muscles loosened up.

After that I took out a baked potato I made last night and ate it along with my new favorite snack (might be better than celery with peanut butter) banana with peanut butter. this may sound strange but try it. Just spread some peanut butter on one side of a banana and eat it. Flippin delicious!

Mission for the rest of the day. Clean dishes (booo), try and scope out some parts for the new mtb which I will post a picture of when it's built, and try and make a paleo dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Maybe I'll ask Peter for some advice on that one.

2 comments:

  1. I've been eating peanut butter with bananas all my life, but generally on sandwiches.

    I am taking your celery/PB snack one step further right now, and have added cheese. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blogging Jared

    a) Peanut butter isn't paleo

    b) try spagetti squash instead of pasta and make 'spagetti' and meat balls (use ground beef and tomatoes for sauce )
    - another option is just have a salad and a big hunk of meat on it ... remember some healthy fat in avocado/olive oil/flax seed ... don't mention paleo and most people won't notice they are missing their token 'carb' (ie. grains/bread)

    remember to be careful you are getting enough calories and ease into paleo or any other diet carefully. With Paleo especially the increase in protein and fiber can be a bit of a shock to the system.

    i think the best rule is to use moderation and try for foods that are whole (ie. few ingredients). Start with a meal a day and see how you feel, dinner is usually a good choice, especially if you are training earlier in the day

    ... Paleo is a good concept but its just a theory and not right for everyone ... a good example is the exclusion of the beans/legumes/peanuts/tomatoes/milk/wheat/soy etc., while their explanation makes sense the exclusion of a whole food group may be somewhat arbitrary

    ReplyDelete