Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Home sick

And by home sick I don't mean wanting to come home. I mean coming home and getting really sick. After spending a night in the amazing city of Praha we went to the airport and I got on a plain to Toronto. I had all 3 seats to myself again so that was good. Anyways about 10hrs and 4 movies later I arrived at the Toronto airport being greeted by by the father who had been waiting there for a few hrs. Nice to be missed. After dragging my large amount of luggage to the car we drove home. But not before a stop at my favorite shopping store Longos. We hit up the salad bar for dinner and went home. When I arrived we unloaded the bike and built it up. Sigh of relief, no damage. Also took out my new Gioda Espresso MTB frame that Marcello hooked me up with. Let me just take a moment to explain how sweet this frame it. Full carbon, red, white and black, integrated seat post... Can't wait to build this thing. BTW if anyone has some parts that they want to sell let me know. Looking for breaks, front and rear derailleur. And if you have a sweet white or red saddle I'm interested.

So after the unpacking was done (sort of done) we watched the DVD of my race that Tristan Smit made for me. Thank you Tristan. After that I all of the sudden got super tired and a little dizzy. Went strait to bed. Had one of the craziest dreams ever. Woke up and I was freezing. I could hardly hold my self up, felt like my head was going to explode and I couldn't eat. Called mom at work. She came home with lots of Gatorade. I didn't believe that this stuff helped when your sick until now. Thank you mom. Spent the rest of the day passed out on the couch. by 6:00pm I was able to walk around without falling over and I got a little bit of dinner into me. Went to bed and crashed instantly. Woke up this morning at 6:00 and I feel great. I feel well rested and have my strength back. Had some breakfast and started writing this post.

Today's plan is to get all stuff organized and see about getting my new courses set up. I might also get on the trainer for a bit. I don't have any training this weak so I'm going to have to find new things to fill these next few days. Alright lets get this day going.

1 comment:

  1. Yo Jared, good to hear you and the Gioda(s) are back safely. The new mtb sounds amazing! I have some brakes you may or may not be interested in... shoot me an email and I'll give you the details.

    ReplyDelete